Harlequin Tusk Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tusk just nailed the new addition ( and i dont mean in the loving way ) during feeding time. Poor valentini puffer didnt know what to do.

How is your tusk during feeding time? I also just got one about a month ago. He seems like he has a hard time seeing food right in front of him.

How is your tusk during feeding time? I also just got one about a month ago. He seems like he has a hard time seeing food right in front of him.

The opposite. Mine sees everything. He just wants all the food to himself. Has a good memory too and will go back to where he saw food drop earlier. He rammed my puffer twice and bit it.

He's doing just fine. In think he's getting better which I read is common with this breed due to malnutrition and stress. I did just get him.

He eats and is hungry, he just misses sometimes. He knows the food cup, lol.

He eats off the stick or eats from the water so I'm not worried. He just acts farsighted.

Does yours like to take a nap after eating sometimes? Mine also plays dead when he's spooked. He lays flat on the sand. It scared me the first time. He did it a week after I got him during a water change. I thought my $180 fish was suddenly dead!!

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 77
Does yours like to take a nap after eating sometimes? Mine also plays dead when he's spooked. He lays flat on the sand. It scared me the first time. He did it a week after I got him during a water change. I thought my $180 fish was suddenly dead!!

No mine i have to say is extremely active especially at feeding time. He rides my two powerheads for a good few hours after eating. He also likes to come out of the water surface like a whale does, never seen anything like it. Id sware he has a blow hole. Where are you from Jason? Thats a lot $180.

Mine also does the porpoise thing, lol. I'm in New England. I didn't buy a juvenile. He was 5-6 inches. A juvenile wouldn't last in my tank with a lion. That seems to be the going rate for a large Aussie on liveaquaria. I bought mine at the LFS.

Mine also does the porpoise thing, lol. I'm in New England. I didn't buy a juvenile. He was 5-6 inches. A juvenile wouldn't last in my tank with a lion. That seems to be the going rate for a large Aussie on liveaquaria. I bought mine at the LFS.

Ok. I paid $89.95 and hes also not a jevenile. Hes about 5 inches i guess.

Man is he growing

Attachments

• image-28719602.jpg
    image-28719602.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 119
Just added another tank mate.. File fish and a hermit crab. Think the hermit may have lost a nipper.

Attachments

• image-837475134.jpg
    image-837475134.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 116
  • image-1673508296.jpg
    image-1673508296.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 130
I just picked up a teeny tiny harlequin tusk today! He is about 2 inches long, he is so tiny you almost can't tell its a tusk. lol I really hope he makes it, his size worries me but the price was right and thats one of the last fish that I have always wanted. :)

I just picked up a teeny tiny harlequin tusk today! He is about 2 inches long, he is so tiny you almost can't tell its a tusk. lol I really hope he makes it, his size worries me but the price was right and thats one of the last fish that I have always wanted. :)
Great news. They are awesome and very smart. He is currently trying to tip the hermit crab over.
Have a pic ?

Yeah, wish i could have found an australian for $30 but got the indio one since Ihad been wanting one for so long. lol

Back
Top Bottom