Hawaiian Fourline (?) Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rutrag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked this guy up last week. Sorry for the fuzzy pics, but he never stops moving and is pretty fast. The pics also don't do him justice as he actually has a little purple on his tail that doesn't show in the pictures. They had him labelled as a Hawaiian sixline wrasse, but googling for identification. he looks to be more properly called a fourline wrasse, also known as a twelve line wrasse. (The scientific name, Pseudocheilinus tetrataenia, reflects four lines, but I guess you can count all the stripes at once or something, go figure.) I put him in my 37 with my cinimmon clown for now. I would have put him in my 75, but I wasn't sure if he and my blue sided fairy wrasse would get along. So far my clown (who has turned into a bully) hasn't harrassed him as she did her last tankmate. The wrasse is also fast enough and small enough to dart into the rockwork and escape if need be.

41906-albums1989-picture36944.jpg

41906-albums1989-picture36943.jpg

Awesome little fish. I see them all the time when I'm diving here in Kona, they're extremely hard to photograph in the wild as well as in the aquarium. They're quite the darter, and feel very comfortable around rubble that they can dive into the moment they feel threatened.

Back
Top Bottom