Help with tank redesign?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishesnme4eva

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a ten gallon rectangular tank well planted with a sponge filter and a carbon filter. with two female and one male molly, and two blind cave tetras. I want a bottom feeder that will eat leftovers (probably ghost shrimp), fancy guppies, and a somewhat larger fish that will eat the guppy and molly fry with out harming the adult fish. What is the best combination of quantity and species in order to keep my tank at its cleanest and happiest environment?

welcome to the forum!! your going to need to upgrade to a larger tank if you want to get more fish, the mollies will grow 3-6 inches depending on the kind you have and have a large bioload and the blind cave tetra needs a 20 gallon or larger tank. you can search craigslist for a good deal on a tank

if i were to get a 20 gallon what would be the best combination of quantity and species, as i asked before.

are you set on getting shrimp? anything you get to eat the fry will likely eat the shrimp. i would suggest getting a 29 gallon tank and add a dwarf gourami to eat the fry. you could add 3 fancy guppies and 3 cory cats for cleaning the bottom depending on the substrate you use. then turn the 10g into a shrimp tank :)

Back
Top Bottom