Hippo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I quit grooming dogs at the LFS where the guy is always trying to shaft people, couldnt take it anymore...specially when it was me he was shafting...so, I went to another town, the store where I bought the big tank, and he hired me to groom....while there, we were looking at the new fish and he had some nice sized blue hippos, so we got one. This guy is actually bigger than my sailfin and Naso that I have had for 7 plus months....

I will post pics when I am not feeling quite so lazy.

I wanna see, conratz on the grooming job. My freind does that (my freinds mom really) she is a dog FANATIC.

WOW, that is one beautiful fish. Congrats on the new aquistion.

Ok, that does it for me. I'm off to the lfs :lol:

how big does he get can we keep one in a 75 gal showed my hubby ...we want one!!

Lor,
I can appreciate your enthusiasm...they are pretty. They are also prone to stress related issue such as ich.I have also read that they are susceptible to lateral line disease too. Quite often, you cannot get them to eat. IMO it is better to get larger ones as the small ones do not do as well, therefore they can be costly.
But, here are the requirements as per liveaquaria.com

Minimum Tank Size: 70 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4
Temperament: Peaceful
Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 1'
Reef Compatible: Yes
Diet: Herbivore

Beautiful fish, makes me wish we had the room for a big tank, oh well something to dream about. Congrats!

(y) (y) Too bad the nikons have so much trouble with blue...would like to see it ithout the violet shift... :cry:

Very nice fish!!

there ya go talking greek again Kevin.....what would I do to fix that as far as camera settings go?

what would I do to fix that as far as camera settings go?

Nothing, it is a known issue with Nikons, unfortunately. I have best results with blue colors when using the flash, but that is still a hit or miss.

Back
Top Bottom