Honeycomb catfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luananeko

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just picked up two honeycomb catfish from aquariumfish.net! They came this morning. One of them ran off and hid right away and I haven't seen come out yet, but the other one fell asleep for the day on top of my plants so I managed to get a good shot. He hasn't eaten yet, but I hear they go practically catatonic during daylight hours and is probably still settling in, so I'm not worried yet. Here's a pic, isn't he adorable :D ?

img_1982023_0_97d7f4b3aab8a52a0c88105db4e141f3.jpg

Luananeko said:
Just picked up two honeycomb catfish from aquariumfish.net! They came this morning. One of them ran off and hid right away and I haven't seen come out yet, but the other one fell asleep for the day on top of my plants so I managed to get a good shot. He hasn't eaten yet, but I hear they go practically catatonic during daylight hours and is probably still settling in, so I'm not worried yet. Here's a pic, isn't he adorable :D ?

Very cool!!! I've heard they are awesome fish to have

*what kind of set up is he in?

That's the only good shot I have so far sadly. The second catfish came out of hiding on the second day, but they've been hiding in the plants so far while getting used to the tank. I managed to get a squirt of brine shrimp down to them that they gobbled up, so that's progress! I added some bamboo logs for them to hide in, but my dwarf chain loaches have taken them over instead, leaving one catfish to sleep in my amazon sword and the other to sit on one of my frogs' head in my lawn pennywort :p

*what kind of set up is he in?

Missed this before, but they're in my 75 gallon planted community tank that's listed in my profile :)

Got some more pics today, they seem to have staked out these spots as their permanent places until they get more used to things.

Here's the one who's taken a liking to my amazon sword...
img_1987131_0_648bf28586c114da8f475991e3bb346d.jpg

And here's the one that likes burying himself in my lawn pennywort:
img_1987131_1_03711a40e94b1afa5984f37bc504960a.jpg

Supposedly once they settle in they swim all over the place at night, but can be taught to be active around whatever time you feed them during the day. Mine are still shy, but they're reliably eating as long as I use the turkey baster to squirt frozen food down to their spots.

Back
Top Bottom