I bought one of the seneye reef units

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got the measure of that

How very informative, please tell me more about the slides?

English building uses both metric and imperial. Wood stocks are normally imperial sizes, some stuff like sheet materials and plumbing uses both measurements. I've never seen (to hold) an imperial only tape measure, not in my whole life. So that is a very bizarre thing to me! I don't even think we sell them? Both scales are on the tape. Mechanics Tools are both to suit cars, in most cases for British made cars, modern cars metric, old cars imperial. In engineering and really old cars you also get (British standard) whitworth sizes BSF & BSW. These are rare. Keeps us on our toes!

I think the imperial system is as dumb as it gets. I hate it, and I hate using it, but that's what we do. This is my standard tape.

ForumRunner_20131211_092917.jpg

Ignore the fish.
This is my standard steel rule. Almost everything is this way.
My vernier, compass cutter and tape measure.
My adjustable tri square is imperial only. (Carpentry tools)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 78
She's rusty, but she measures the same.

Booooo, let me get to a PC.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131211_101318.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131211_101318.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 89
  • ForumRunner_20131211_101337.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131211_101337.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 91
Tools that have worked. No bad thing. All the right bits are there, 90' and a bit going this way and a bit going that way. Perfect.
That might be made from stainless, wire wool, good as new.(y)

I don't understand tool collections? They must be used. Tools work for a living.

I had a chance to get this thing up and running today so far so good. It's producing the numbers I would expect. It doesn't like my 7.6 pH water. That's what the tap here come out at. I've always figured I could live with that. The Danios would prefer it to be lower, but don't seem to mind. I like being able to check my tank stats from my phone. I haven't figure out a good way to export the data, and it doesn't look like they have an easy way to do it.

I've been reading through the Seneye docs. They have a different way of looking at water chemistry measurements. Since the unit only measures NH3, Temp, and pH they strongly focus on those factors. I found this write up really different than the standard take on tank monitoring.

what is ammonia NH3 & NH4 ? - Seneye

I've been reading through the Seneye docs. They have a different way of looking at water chemistry measurements. Since the unit only measures NH3, Temp, and pH they strongly focus on those factors. I found this write up really different than the standard take on tank monitoring.

what is ammonia NH3 & NH4 ? - Seneye

Nh3 temp and pH are all you need to find out nh4, there are graphs available to make the maths easy. Basically lower temp and pH means less free form ammonia.

You should be able to find it out online simple enough.

They have a widget that shows the NH4. They don't talk much about nitrates, and nitrites was more my observation. The unit doesn't test for those. "When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail."

So far I'm happy with it. For the price, it's offering a lot, and the tests seem accurate. I wish it did a few more things, but it's pretty new. I shopped digital meters for a good while before ordering this. I hate reading color strips. I didn't see any other digital in tank monitors in this price range.

I switched it from one tank to another today to see how it behaved. I think it will be really cool for new tank starts. I'll try that soon. The tanks I've put it in so far are pretty stable.

That's a bit more snazzy than a Rusty old set square! :ROFLMAO:

It would be great if you got messaging in emergencies!

Who's the test king, it's MR T (t for test, this time)

Can it be used on other devices or is it windows only?

They dance around that question, but the truth is you need a Microsoft box to run this right. I'm going to set up an old sever just for this device so I can take my laptop off of it. The joys of having a lot of old hardware laying around.

It does send out alerts. It's really intended for one tank, but it works fine when you move it to another tank. I've really got to find a good way to export the data from the unit. I found the XML file, but I need to spend some time with it to really understand it.

Back
Top Bottom