i finally got my pair of rams!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
well after debating for over 6 months to get them i finally took the plunge. big als got a shipment ina bout a week ago of little guys and they were only 10 a peice rather than the normal 18. i got a pair for my 20 gal and i hope for them to try breeding. i also have 6 neons, 3 guppies, a zebra loach and a CAE. very happy couple with all the plants they have to swim in. here they are :)
my pretty female
img_706758_0_dc5d80bde8851a2236add944df69317f.jpg

and my manly male lol
img_706758_1_6adbdb19c056c83fe182fd57c31ae450.jpg

wow those were some fast responses!! thanks for the comments. i am really hoping they breed. could make a fortune off them in my area. they are rather hard to come by. plus i want something other than guppies to breed lol.

Man, nice fish!!!

GBR's are $10 bucks a piece up there on SALE (regular price is $18 )!?!?!? That's it, I'm road tripping to Canada when my GBR fry are big enough to sell. LOL

Those are two beautiful specimens. Congratulations on getting them. My LFS normally doesn't get ones that look that nice and they rarely get any females.

well the store near me usually has them in stock but they dont normally look this nice. and the odd thing was that we had a hard time finding a male lol they had tons of femals. pink bellies everywhere but the male was the tricky one. good luck finding a pair near u.

I hope to get a pair of GBR's someday. The LFS here wants $40 a pair! They are nice looking, and they also have gold rams. But the price is a bit steep for me.

lol u could probabably order a pair online for that much. there are a few members who breed them on this site. try a want add in the barter section, u might get lucky.

I guess I could do that. Though I've never gotten a fish by mail before, and I am a bit leary of it...

Before I had a tank, I saw some GBR's at a Petco. Haven't seen any for a while, but I'm keeping an eye on that store.

I missed this thread the first time around. Congrats funk. I know you were looking for either some apistos or rams. They should finish out your tank well.

That is awful expensive normally. I see them for usually about $8 each here. Then again you have what I like to call the "canadian markup" or "exchange rate" for the lay person.

well thats why i couldnt turn them down for 10 bucks a peice. espicially the way they looked. the colour in them just keeps getting better and i can see them picking around on the substrate trying to find a place to breed. i still want apistos lol. the "canadian markup is a scam. there is no way to justify the extra expenses that we endure up here. i mean the canadian dollar is only like 10 cents off the american dollar if that so i dont see why it is more expensive. oh well lol.

take a trip down to sarnia. A new LFS just opened up and the guy breeds show quality cichlids and dwarf cichlids. There were some nice cocatoo apistos(wild caught) got 49.99 a peice but i asked if he could order in some other ones that wern't so expensive. He said he could, they would be 9.99 a peice. Really nice fish. I could always buy some and ship them to you once he gets some. they looked like these:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...jpeg&no=3&tt=12&oid=8cd5b625b87b6f78&ei=UTF-8

lol aquabid is useless for me. practically none of the sellers will send to canada and the fish would be grossly overpriced after shipping. i may just get u to ship me a pair of those guys. very sweet looking.

Back
Top Bottom