I got four completely boring new fish today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoyoteWildfire

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had a white skirt tetra, so I wanted to complete the school and got the rest black skirts.

For what it's worth, the white skirt isn't dyed. I couldn't ever support that.

But they all seemed to be schooling along great. The white skirt is the only female, and she's a bit bossy, but overall it seems they like each other. Even my serpae was welcome to the group, which surprised me.

LOL! Sorry, I'll get pictures up tomorrow when I have access to my desktop. I took a ream of pictures tonight but haven't had the opportunity to sift through them.

Sadly, I will have to be taking them back today. I suppose my tank just wasn't right for them or the fish themselves were a bad batch...

They're almost constantly nipping and attacking each other, and while I wouldn't really have an issue with it if they just kept it amongst themselves, my Serpae is getting bullied and for the first time is now bearing the marks of torn fins.

Ahh well, live and learn.

That means a lot. Thanks man... This is my first tank, so a lot of it has been trial and error and a big learning experience. AA has really prepped me for a lot of what to expect, though, which has been great.

I know what you mean... isn't everyone on here awesome? Too bad your new fishies didn't work out :( think you'll try some other kinds? :O!

Absolutely. What else would I do with an understocked 32-gal? ;D

I got myself a dwarf neon red gourami and a rosy tetra today. :] Everyone's getting along great!

Back
Top Bottom