I just bought those beauties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shoots2002

Aquarium Advice Activist
1 elephant nose fish and 6 glass catfish.....can i know more about those species?...thank you

Attachments

• image-3680903655.jpg
    image-3680903655.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 151
  • image-1929780841.jpg
    image-1929780841.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 144
I have an elephant nose had him for a year now! He's my pride and joy, i have him in a 50 gallon tank he's getting really big. I also have kept glass catfish too cool fish :)

Sorry just noticed you wanted info lol both need a mature tank, no ammonia or nitrite and nitrate must be kept low. Elephant needs a cave or tube to hide in, they need fed lights off live bait and will then accept frozen. Clean water i change 40-50% every four days. No sharp objects as they are easily hurt. They need a tank size 50 gallon up. When they mature they can become aggressive which mine has! Their great fish mine gets hand fed :)

Sorry just noticed you wanted info lol both need a mature tank, no ammonia or nitrite and nitrate must be kept low. Elephant needs a cave or tube to hide in, they need fed lights off live bait and will then accept frozen. Clean water i change 40-50% every four days. No sharp objects as they are easily hurt. They need a tank size 50 gallon up. When they mature they can become aggressive which mine has! Their great fish mine gets hand fed :)

Thank you very much but can it hurt rummynose tetra,neon tetra,congo tetra? I feel it is so aggressive already..?

Thank you very much but can it hurt rummynose tetra,neon tetra,congo tetra? I feel it is so aggressive already..?

Every fish is different, i re homed most of my stock because he was needing the room for himself. I haven't tried mine with tetras so I'm not sure, they should stay out of his way. Just make sure he gets his food as they can be slow feeders. You can't add meds to your tank with the elephant or glass catfish as they're sensitive. Just keep an eye on it I hope it works for you. He's lovely. If you need anymore help feel free to contact me :)

Every fish is different, i re homed most of my stock because he was needing the room for himself. I haven't tried mine with tetras so I'm not sure, they should stay out of his way. Just make sure he gets his food as they can be slow feeders. You can't add meds to your tank with the elephant or glass catfish as they're sensitive. Just keep an eye on it I hope it works for you. He's lovely. If you need anymore help feel free to contact me :)

Thank you very much but i return it to the store and got two small discus hope they will be fine..

I have glass fish but never had elephant nose before, glass fish are easy to keep mine is 2 years old already

I loved my glass cats they were the most peaceful fish in my tank :)

Yaaaa i have 6 glass cats they are swimming side by side in a cool way i think they are schooling fish....and the discus i will post pics when they are fine..i hope..

Yaaaa i have 6 glass cats they are swimming side by side in a cool way i think they are schooling fish....and the discus i will post pics when they are fine..i hope..

I miss mine, loved how they swam together too! Such cool fish. My elephant nose didn't play nice with them :( can't wait to see you're pics!

I miss mine, loved how they swam together too! Such cool fish. My elephant nose didn't play nice with them :( can't wait to see you're pics!

Sadly i found two of them today on the gravel white color and dead... :( .... The other four are doing well i hope so.....
For the photos i captured yesterday some good shots for one of them coz the are hiding between plants...i will post them sooon....
Thank you for your attention..

Sadly i found two of them today on the gravel white color and dead... :( .... The other four are doing well i hope so.....
For the photos i captured yesterday some good shots for one of them coz the are hiding between plants...i will post them sooon....
Thank you for your attention..

That's a shame :(

I got it from Egypt and I think it was shipped from Singapore or thailand

Back
Top Bottom