ICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rum

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone this is my first forum and I wanted to share an experience I had with my flame angel about 16 years ago, I'll try to keep it brief. My angel had a case of ick and at the time I wasn't sure on how to take care of the issue other than medications. I didn't want to use meds. In my tank. I was told by a source that they used this method and it worked for them. Before I post this I just want to make it clear that you're own your own if you try this. I was told to chill a small towel with cold water to place the fish, they said that chilling it would keep the fish from jumping too much. Get 2 Q-tips/swabs, hydrogen peroxide solution and stress coat gel/ liquid. Dip both sides of 1 swab with the peroxide and the other with the stress coat. You must prep all of this before you start because it has to be quick. So I removed the fish from the tank held it down gently on the moist towel and wiped the fish from front to back with the peroxide starting after the gills back to the tail. Repeat the same procedure with the stress coat and return the fish back to the tank. NOW I'm not going to lie I was very nervous about this, but I tried it anyway because I was new to the hobby and desperate. Well..... IT WORKED!! About 2-3 days later I saw improvements in the angels behavior no more scratching and swimming around normally. The ick was GONE. I wish I had a video of it. The angel lived a healthy life after that and about 2 yrs later I had to get rid of the tank so i gave it to the person who gave me the advice.

Whoa. That’s amazing. I couldn’t do it, but wow.

Back
Top Bottom