Injured Red Eared Slider Baby....Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMaiden

Aquarium Advice Freak
That place between sleeping and awake, where drea
Hey everyone,
I was fishing at a lake recently and found a baby red eared slider. One of her feet had been bitten off by something! She was floundering around by the shore paddling in little circles going nowhere fast. I took her home to see if I could help her to get better, and to feed her since she wasn't in any condition to be catching her own food. I've so far flushed out the wound and was advised to use melafix on it since its a natural antibiotic. Is there anything else I can do? She seems to be getting better but I worry....I've never owned an aquatic turtle before. Any and all care advice would be so helpful. All I know so far is that they get about 12" and need a place to climb out of the water and rest on. I just want her to get better! Thanks to all for any info.:angel:

Sad News

Hey guys.....irreguardless of all my efforts and care my little turtle passed away earlier today. The wound was just too great for her to possibly survive. I did my best and gave her all my love and attention......but sadly it wasn't enough. At least she is no longer suffering. I cried my eyes out, I will miss her very much. :(

:(
be happy that you tried where very few others would have. even thou he/she didnt make it atleast it passed away happier then before you found it.

That's heart-wrenching! I'm really glad for the turtle that you tried your best, but it rips your heart out when the rescued animal dies...Hope you won't let this discourage you next time,
JD

That is a very sad story :( . But I must say that you did the right thing and did what you could.

Back
Top Bottom