laos pygmy multi-striped loaches!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tcal01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got these guys today of if a breeder on Craigslist. So far I LIVE THEM!!! They are pretty tight schoolers and have a lot of personality not to mention how pretty they are. They are a pretty new and rare species so when i saw someone selling them on Craigslist i couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120405_153345.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120405_153345.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 154
  • ForumRunner_20120405_153413.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120405_153413.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 159
I have never heard that common name before. Are those maybe Yunannilus cruciatus (sp?) loaches? I had some of those for a while and they are really neat little fish. They're pretty active and a lot less shy than a lot of loaches I have kept. If you do not have any java moss, you might consider it- these loaches love it. They will perch and hang out in it.

Nice find, rare fish, and yours look nice and fat. Congrats on the pickup! :)

severum mama said:
I have never heard that common name before. Are those maybe Yunannilus cruciatus (sp?) loaches? I had some of those for a while and they are really neat little fish. They're pretty active and a lot less shy than a lot of loaches I have kept. If you do not have any java moss, you might consider it- these loaches love it. They will perch and hang out in it.

Nice find, rare fish, and yours look nice and fat. Congrats on the pickup! :)

Thanks! The guy i bought them from was selling other rare fish too. He had some rare apistos, shrimp, crayfish and catfish. He had two pet toucans too lol. I believe they are the same as yunannilus cruciatus. I think someone else on AA has these fish too. I will take into consideration the java moss. Does it have to be Java moss or can it be other mosses?

I am interested in seeing how they do in they tank. If they are easy to care for, I might add a school to my 55 gallon tank.

bettaowner said:
I am interested in seeing how they do in they tank. If they are easy to care for, I might add a school to my 55 gallon tank.

That are really easy to care for actually. They do great in my community of a betta, Harlequin rasboras, white mountain cloud minnows, and otos. But IM not sure how they would be in a bigger tank as they are pretty small and shy

Back
Top Bottom