Lip Locked Newbies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PassengerTN

Aquarium Advice Addict
Came home from picking my daughter up from school and saw this! My Green Terror and Black Convict lip locked. Both have been in the tank for under a week. Both fish are hovering between 2-2.5". Thought it was interesting, as no fish I have kept have done this before. I know it's common in sa/ca cichlids, but it's new to me!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429050182.855368.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How big is the tank? Looks like they are already deciding who is the dominate one.

55g. Space isn't an issue. There is a severe lack of "territory" to claim right now with the only decor being 4 of the Terra cotta clay pots you see in the pic, and a giant sponge filter. Awaiting funds to buy the decor this weekend hopefully.

What's funny is the convict defiantly had the upper hand, but every time they would separate the GT would start right back as the aggressor. There's a 5" tinfoil barb in there that would swim towards them to break it up every few seconds lol

You are right! Need more cover and never under estimate a con...LOL Being little guys they will most likely be ok for a bit.

I think I was so shocked because I didn't expect this behavior out of them being this size more than any thing. Con's def hold their own!

Back
Top Bottom