Long Fin Zebra Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got six long fin zebra danios today from petsmart. Sadly, one didn't make it, and was acting strange, and not schooling. He just couldn't handle the stress of the move, I think. Tomorrow I'm getting another to bring the school back to six.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

I got six long fin zebra danios today from petsmart. Sadly, one didn't make it, and was acting strange, and not schooling. He just couldn't handle the stress of the move, I think. Tomorrow I'm getting another to bring the school back to six.

I have 2 long fins in my QT right now to add to the 2 danios currently in my main tank. Thankfully they are doing ok - eating, swimming, etc. - it's a small tank & they don't have tons of room to swim but they are still small so for 2 more weeks they'll be ok. It's always upsetting to lose a fish right after you bring it home - that happened with a danio of mine - ended up with dropsy.

I'm not sure what this was. They're hardy fish, but the only mark it ha was from being sucked against the filter. Hopefully it was just stress, and not something that would get the others sick.

Sorry for your fish loss. I have one longfin zebra with 2 regular zebra's in my tank (there were six but lost some due to ich). They are beautiful! If there is no sign of illness i would blame it on a weak fish + stress.

Yeah, thanks for the condolences. It's always hard to lose a fish, especially if it's the first night home. I just realized that it was my second little female! Will having more males than females prove to be a problem in the future? I haven't noticed anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom