marbal star and pincussion urchin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
i just got em and they are an hour into the drip acclimation. they both seem to be doing great. anything i should know? i will feed the pincussion algae wafers if needed and im going to try some frozen mysis or cooked table shrimp with the star.
Thanks!

so i just tried feeding them both and the star accepted the mysis but the pincussion didnt really want the wafer. suggestions/comments?

You`ll need to give them more time to adjust. Should not ever feed same day you get them.

oh yea, pic's, ill take some when they are a little more settled in and a little less stressed.

im gettin kinda worried, the star isnt moving that much, in the bucket he was movin around a ton but now hes not venturing very far. did i not acclimate him long enough? over 2 hours with 4 drips a second. i mean, now that ive moved him a little his little sweeper things are coming out of his legs and hes repositioning himself. idk. ugh. the pincussion is doing great though. oh wait, since i just put 1 of the stars legs up agenst the glass, now 3 of his other ones are on it. wish me luck!
Thanks!

i dont think that the star made it, ill still leave it in the tank just to see if its still alive but im pretty sure that its just sitting there. idk why it would have died but i dont know. im at a loss of words rite now. i still cant tell for sure if its alive or not. ugh i dont know.
EDIT: well its moving but only after i move it. does this mean anything or is it just stressed or something? i think im gunna stop moving it to reduce stress to increace the chances for full recovery.

Let him be for a while. He might just be getting used to his surroundings. If he was in trouble or dead you would know. He would look pretty bad.

he crawled all the way up onto the glass now and has moved a good 6 inches in the past 5 or so mins. so i think hes comming out of it. what a releif. it looks pretty mich the same as it did in the store so i guess im ok for now. and the pincussion is having a feild day with some of the shells in my sand and all of the algae everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom