Marlin and Nemo have arrived.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally got the green light to get some specimens for the tank, I went out to the LFS about 10 miles away knowing they had a good stock of fish, and they are also tank bred and raised by a local breeder which I was happy to hear. I picked 2 Percula Clownfish (Maybe they are maybe they're not but that is what they are sold as). My 5 yr old daughter was suppose to pick them but I wanted to surprise her (I'll let her pick Dori), she hasn't seen them yet, my wife and had a plan and it worked, they left the house and I snuck in. I can't wait to see her face. I drip acclimated them for an hour then put them in the tank, 10 minutes later I fed them and they ate everything. They are busy checking out their new digs. Here are some pics, i hope they are OK, those buggers are fast. :D
Closeup Marlin.jpg

Marlin:Nemo.jpg

Marlin.jpg

Marlin1.jpg

Very cool! Congrats man. I wish I could hear your daughter scream when she sees that she finally got them after all the waiting. That is sooooo cool!

Thanks a ton everyone, I let you all know what the owner of the tank thinks when she gets home. I bet she wont let her little sister near them, this should be an awesome event.:BIG:

Congrats! I can't wait to hear about how they went over with the wee one. :)

Congrats! I can't wait to hear about how they went over with the wee one. :)
Thanks man, I'm patiently waiting here in the basement. I bet you my wife is going to take her time. It's torture I tell you,LOL:)

Nice pictures man. You should enter 1 of them into the SW July photo contest. I would love to see how your daughter acts. Keep us posted. Do you have a full photo shop?

they look great!!! very adoreable :) i love your setup!
Thanks, It was a lot harder than i thought it would be, the planning is key and so are the members of AA who helped me out immensely, with out them guiding me I don't know where i would be, actually I do i would still have an empty tank.

Nice pictures man. You should enter 1 of them into the SW July photo contest. I would love to see how your daughter acts. Keep us posted. Do you have a full photo shop?
Thanks dude, they're tough critters to catch. You have a good idea, maybe I will enter the July contest. I do have photoshop cs3 which I never ever use and my trusty Nikon D70, got to love digital photography. I took those pictures in full manual mode because the camera isn't quick enough to catch the action in full auto which is fine by me I need the practice.

Do you have a photo of the whole tank? i would love to see your rock formation you have in your tank. I am trying to get ideas for my future tank.

The Girls reaction

My wife gave it up, sort of, she told them I had a fish surprise waiting at home for them however they didn't think it was actually fish. They first looked at the cichlid tank then sat next to me and mentioned something about some sort of surprise i had for them ( I played stupid, OK more than usual). I waited ten minutes and turned to my 5 year and said boy doesn't the tank look nice and clear, she looked over at the tank, then stood up, then ran at it at full speed and gave the tank a great big bear hug and kissed the tank for 5 minutes while screaming WE HAVE NEMO IN OUR HOUSE I CANT BELIEVE IT. It quieted down a bit and I thought it was over when she ran at me like a charging bull, head down a little too low and nailed me you know where (The wife found it quite amusing) then gave me all kinds Hugs and kisses meanwhile the 3 year old was and at this point still dancing and screaming 2 NEMO's at the top of her lungs. I must say even as i write this and still in pain it was quite an amazing experience and as they say PRICELESS to see how happy and excited the kids were and still are. Now she want's 1 of every fish from her favorite website Liveaquaria. Oh Boy.
I'm so happy my plan worked.:BIG:

awe! thats soooo adoreable :D i'm so happy that they were thrilled!! i mean, who DOESENT love nemo? ;)

My wife gave it up, sort of, she told them I had a fish surprise waiting at home for them however they didn't think it was actually fish. They first looked at the cichlid tank then sat next to me and mentioned something about some sort of surprise i had for them ( I played stupid, OK more than usual). I waited ten minutes and turned to my 5 year and said boy doesn't the tank look nice and clear, she looked over at the tank, then stood up, then ran at it at full speed and gave the tank a great big bear hug and kissed the tank for 5 minutes while screaming WE HAVE NEMO IN OUR HOUSE I CANT BELIEVE IT. It quieted down a bit and I thought it was over when she ran at me like a charging bull, head down a little too low and nailed me you know where (The wife found it quite amusing) then gave me all kinds Hugs and kisses meanwhile the 3 year old was and at this point still dancing and screaming 2 NEMO's at the top of her lungs. I must say even as i write this and still in pain it was quite an amazing experience and as they say PRICELESS to see how happy and excited the kids were and still are. Now she want's 1 of every fish from her favorite website Liveaquaria. Oh Boy.
I'm so happy my plan worked.:BIG:

I'm glad it worked out as planned for you sounds like it was a great moment aside from the shot to the nether regions.:clown:

Yo thats a bang-up camera you've got there. Insanely HQ pics right there. Also, nice tank, i like the way its setup.. i wanna do something like that. Are you going to get corals? or are we just not seeing them in the pictures?

Too cool man, too cool. Glad it all went well (other than the racking). :)

Back
Top Bottom