Meet Squeak the Guinea Pig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
We inherited a cute lil guinea pig... her name is squeak. She enjoys eating cucumbers, garden vegetables and cantaloupe.

And she likes to say "week week week" when she sees us bringing in special treats like nuts or garden lettuce.

Now to figure out how to properly shorten her little claws. They are starting to curl a little bit.

I am no expert, but can't you just trim them with normal clippers?

I always wanted a guinea pig, but was never able to get one.

Thanks guys. I read up on some guinea pig claw trimming articles and then trimmed them tonight. You just have to not clip too close to the "quick" or the part that has living tissue. So I just looked closely for the beginning of the quick and then trimmed well away from it. Squeak wasn't too hot on the whole trimming deal but she got through it fine.

We put a huge rock in her cage in case she wants to go climbing and wear her little claws down a bit.

that's a pretty cute little guineapig. my guinepig, chester, is almost six years old, and has been the fater to several litters of little baby guinepigs :mrgreen:

aww, i remember my guinea pig, she was orange and white... pumkin died when I went to a friend's house for a sleepover. My dad told me about it when I was coming home the next day :( I also tried to convince one of my friends that guinea pigs do make noises, which they do! He never believed me, and when I took him to a pet store to prove it (we were pretty competitive) non of them made any noise! ah well :roll: hope you enjoy your lil cutie. They are awesome.

Don't forget about the very small sister site--- www.petadvice.net
From there, you can go to any of the Pet Advice sites--felineadvice, poochlovers, reptile advice and while you're on Pet Advice, check out the small mammals section!

i remember my guinea pig.....looked almost the same as that one and had 3 babies.....the mother was around for about 8 years and the babies about the same. good luck with your new pet !!

Back
Top Bottom