Mustard Gas Butterfly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peaceablegarden

Aquarium Advice Freak
Stumbled across this guy in my lps yesterday. Couldn't leave without him. I've shifted my Crowntail back into my community tank and the new guy has the 2gal.

Best guesses is that he is either a MG butterfly or a tri-colored butterfly. Hard to see in this photo but there is white on the outer anal and dorsal fins. He's not as pastel as this photo but I couldn't get a clear shot of his color which is purple, orange, and white. I'd welcome some thoughts about that.

img_960787_0_8f0eefaf8b1130c82d89cd8832c1aa4a.jpg

Thanks. Forgot to add that his coloration extends to gills and eyes. They are both orange and purple. It took a magnifying glass to see the bi-color in his eyes. Pretty cool. The clerk at the lps said he'd been sitting in the tank for almost two weeks and he was surprised no one had been interested in him. Guess this interesting guy was just waiting for me to come along.

He is gorgeous! Wish I could find one like him. Mine's an electric blue with some purple and pink.

I've been tryinig to find one. Was thinking of collecting bettas as a hobby.. Obviously providing them with the proper care and space. How much space does a betta actually need to be happy? Mine's swimming around in a 5.5 gallon right now...

i've seen half moons and crowntails in one of the chain stores. i was surprised.

Back
Top Bottom