My 2 new angels and yo-yo loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
I took the plunge yesterday and got two new angel fish (which are about the size of a quarter or less right now) and two new yo-yo loaches (they are tiny right now too - about 1.5-2"). Anyway, acclimating went well. I really took my time with the angels (around 1.5 hours) and all new fish made it through the night just fine. Here are a few pics...:p

Attachments

• DSC02699.jpg
    DSC02699.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC02704.jpg
    DSC02704.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC02698.jpg
    DSC02698.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC02703.jpg
    DSC02703.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 62
and just a couple more...

Attachments

• DSC02702.jpg
    DSC02702.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC02705.jpg
    DSC02705.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 66
Nice fish! My favorite angel is the darker one. That loach is small and loooks rather skinny but I'm sure he'll fatten up in the next few days and take care of all of your snails for you.

Nice fish! My favorite angel is the darker one. That loach is small and loooks rather skinny but I'm sure he'll fatten up in the next few days and take care of all of your snails for you.
I thought the same thing, Bryan, about both of my loaches. I am a little worried as they don't seem too interested in the sinking pellets I gave them last night (shrimp) or this morning (algae). They seem to eat a little of them and then swim off. I have plenty of baby snails in both tanks, but they don't seem to have done anything with them yet. I guess they both need a few days to get used to their new surroundings and hopefully then they will start devouring snails!

Try feeding some flake food. Pellets and disk food can be difficult for the yo-yos to eat with their barbels. Just because you haven't seen them snacking on snails yet doesn't mean that they haven't. I had a huge snail infestation problem in my 29 gallon tank about 12 years ago and I bought 2 yo-yos. I never once saw them eat a snail but the snails were all gone within a matter of days. They must be more active during the night which wouldn't surprise me one bit. I'm sure yours will fatten up in time. Maybe try some frozen bloodworms.

I also tried flake food yesterday...they didn't seem to know what to do with it. I just added another shrimp pellet to the tank right where the yo yo was and he found it and got a lot of it down before anyone else even knew he was eating ;). I also just put on a batch of brine shrimp, so maybe they will like those when they hatch starting tomorrow....

Just an update.....my two yo-yo loaches are now together in my 29g and are doing fantastic. They fattened up quite a bit and are looking very healthy. Same with my angels. They are looking nice too!

Back
Top Bottom