My African Butterfly Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follicle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Look what I found today! I'm so excited.

img_966802_0_126994b0764e98b208470833483e6b3a.jpg

Then I read about how they can jump six feet in the air! So, I had to cover all of the openings on my hood, but it is well worth it.

I've always looked at these and petstores and always wanted one but never got one. I think I should pretty soon.

Do you feed yours just normal flake food? I heard they prefer meaty foods like predator fish. I guess all predator fish can be trained to live on alternative foods though.

I hear they're very sensitive to water conditions and are picky food-wise.

They are certainly picky food wise; however, mine will eat almost anything. I usually feed him frozen and freeze dried bloodworms, but he still eats flake food too.

I heard a lot of people feed these fish crickets. I might have to buy me some. :)

They are a great fish to own. I wish my current fish still allowed them as tankmates :D

Awesome fish! I always wanted one but never had a tank for them, since they've been known to make a snack of smaller fish that venture towards the top. Great picture as well!

I heard a lot of people feed these fish crickets. I might have to buy me some. :)

Gut loaded crickets are supposed to be wonderful food for them.

Back
Top Bottom