My first corals!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patroklos

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, just some pics of my first corals. I have had the frogspawn for about two weeks, and I just got the long tenticle plate coral this past Monday.

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

I am really excited and happy about the results. The Frogspawn is very large, about six inches across and six high with 17 different live branches!

The plate coral is about four inches in diameter and seems very healthy. It was a little limp in the LFS but in my tank it is fully extended and vibrant. You can't really see it with the main lights on and the tentacles fully extended but the center of the disc has a very bright nean color, especially under the antitics.

Any suggestions on what to get next?

Awesome additions, I have a frogspawn as well it is growing fast. I would suggest some zoa's and maybe a ricordea they are easy and colorfull.

Very nice pick ups. How about a thin finger leather or another type leather coral.

Actually I was thinking about a leather coral, seeing as they have a totally different look from the tenticaled frogspawn (sort of) and plate coral. My main LFS has some, but they are sort of dull. I like the suggestion of zoas, I was looking here: Coral Fanatics- Zoanthids and they have some very colorful and cheap frags. My LFS has zoas, but they always come on huge pieces of LR.

Thanks!

I've been looking at those as well. My LFS has some rather poor specimens though. I found this one:

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Acanthastrea bowerbanki

At LiveAquaria's Divers Den, but it seems reall expensive and honestly I can't imagine paying that much for a coral and then trusting it to a cross country mail trip!

You'd be surprised. I got a beautiful acan colony from them and it arrived in excellent condition.

Your corals are really nice.....I'm jealous! :clown:

You'd be surprised. I got a beautiful acan colony from them and it arrived in excellent condition.

Your corals are really nice.....I'm jealous!

Thanks!

Well, thats encouraging that you had a good experiance. Perhaps I will test them out with a less expensive piece first and then move to something like what I linked. Will have to wait until next week though, I have a wedding this weekend and it helps noone if I am tippsy during acclimation!

Back
Top Bottom