my first rics!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sooju

Aquarium Advice Freak
My first rics are here! I ordered them online and they just arrived and are drip acclimating as we speak. Once they're in the tank and have opened up (a day or two?) I'll post pics.

I would like to give a big thumbs up to coralmorphological.com. If you can stomach the $49 shipping (FedEx Overnight) their prices are very good, at last compared to my insanely overpriced LFS's. They mostly carry ricordea florida and their colors are GORGEOUS - not like the muted tones I find for sale locally. And most of their rics are WYSIWYG so you know exactly what to expect.

Thanks! Somebody - hermits? brittle star? - decided to rearrange the tank in the middle of the night (the rics are just attached to tiny pieces of rubble) so I had to go searching for my four new friends this morning and gingerly place them back where they were. As if getting shipped wasn't traumatic enough for them!

The place where I'd like them to stay is part of a very large rock and I can't remove it from the tank to glue the rics' rocks on. Any advice?? Superglue doesn't seem to work underwater, even the gel kind, and I can't press them onto epoxy, they're far too delicate.

I can't for the life of me get my camera to focus up close. I wish I could get a closer shot, they're beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom