MY first seahorse! Finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flamingonhot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, I finally got my first seahorse! It's Hippocampus Reidi. Male, and black and white.

It suprisingly ate mysis shrimp within 30 minutes of being in the tank.

Will post more info in a bit:

img_645432_0_7aabf2fc325a4d27d028788e7137d4e6.jpg

img_645432_1_66991cdd05fc3e2f5d0f4cb85c8a0c9e.jpg

img_645432_2_39452e6554f17ebfd33f5eef5cd519fa.jpg

Well, it's doing awesome so far. Eating mysis like crazy about 1-4 times a day. I feed just about a whole cube of mysis per day!

Going great, very active, no signs of slowing down!

EDIT_UPDATE: IT just had babies! lmao i'll post some updates in a little bit. I don't really see many people looking at this topic but i'll keep it up!

AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!! You got a bonus package eh? Sweet. So I guess he'd already done the mambo with a female at the petstore and then took all the fertilized eggs and putem in his pouch. That is sooooo cool!!! I can't wait to see em. You're definitely gonna put piccies right??? :) I love seahorses, What kind of setup do you have to have for'em? Saltwater I know but what else?? Gonna have to get me some!!! :) Good luck with all the new arrivals!!

lol thanks. I was actually caught off guard by the babies. It's just sitting there one day and it starts twitching, I was like oh dear...

Next thing you know shabang! I only have about two that are doing good, I would of had rotifers and all that but they are hard to get and didn't know I would of needed them! I really don't expect them to live, not prepared and all I have to feed them is daphnia and baby brine shrimp that are hatching as we speak lol.

Well, this is the only pic I have so far:

img_646599_0_e51c3edfda84a599fc75bd1c66de1249.jpg

Hmmm, I've been wondering what I could de with my spare 20Gallon....

+++EDIT+++
Oh yeah, I forgot...CONGRATS, and I hope they make it...

+++EDIT AGAIN+++
Dang, looks like they need at least 30G.

My dream fish, i love them, PLEASE keep us updated, i would love see what happens and see them grow :)

Lol thanks for your compliments! I really appreciate them. I'll be starting a new thread about my 30 gallon. I finally got it moved from the 10 gallon to the 30 gallon and it's starting to come out real nicely :).

Back
Top Bottom