My first try at african cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AndrewsPistol said:
I have sand, my fish make sandstorms daily and it settles before it even reaches the intake. I would shoot for pool filter sand or blasting sand, it settles faster. They love to dig in the sand and its cool to watch.

Also I prefer pellet food what is a good brand? Sorry I don't mean to rant on and on just never kept Africans cichlids

I snapped a pic for ya, its lights out so everything is pretty dark but it gives ya an idea.

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 62
AndrewsPistol said:
I snapped a pic for ya, its lights out so everything is pretty dark but it gives ya an idea.

Very nice...I like your set up

Also I prefer pellet food what is a good brand? Sorry I don't mean to rant on and on just never kept Africans cichlids
Ha, your fine! NLS is a great brand, some people use Omega One, basically your looking for anything with under 40% protien as Mbuna's are prone to Malawi Bloat. I feed mine tons of fresh produce, cucumbers, broccoli, zucchini and frozen romaine leaves. They love veg. Great for them too.

AndrewsPistol said:
Ha, your fine! NLS is a great brand, some people use Omega One, basically your looking for anything with under 40% protien as Mbuna's are prone to Malawi Bloat. I feed mine tons of fresh produce, cucumbers, broccoli, zucchini and frozen romaine leaves. They love veg. Great for them too.

My boys and girls just won't eat the fresh broccoli...that's all I have tried so far

Try cucumber, Ill bet they LOVE it, mine cant resist. All I have after an hour or so is the green rind left. Totally love it. Romaine comes in second. They dig my ABN's algae wafers too. Its cool to watch em all go nuts over a wafer lol

AndrewsPistol said:
Try cucumber, Ill bet they LOVE it, mine cant resist. All I have after an hour or so is the green rind left. Totally love it. Romaine comes in second. They dig my ABN's algae wafers too. Its cool to watch em all go nuts over a wafer lol

Grabbing algae waffers at Walmart as we speak lol thanks

Are the cichlids stronger than other fish? I mean more resistant against sickness etc...
Thx

Back
Top Bottom