Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My Invert Tank

I'm currently working on an invert tank. Right now it's having a green water problem, so I added some daphnia to fix that. The only other residents right now are malaysian trumpet snails, bubble snails, and a few plants, but I'm planning to add cherry shrimp, more plants, and a few other snail varieties once the water is clearer.

I'm really starting to love the daphnia. They're really cute, in a sea monkey sort of way. They've already made the water a bit clearer and they've only been in there a few days.

My one decoration is one of those dead bonsai tree things. I'll add java moss to that, and grow and prune it until I've got sort of a willowy look. I'll post some pics when I'm done, if y'all want.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Heck yeah we want to see pics! Have you kept any water creatures before this tank?

Welcome to the community! Inverts are my favorite .

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I've been keeping various water creatures for probably around a decade. This is my first time with daphnia, though. I think I've visited this forum before to read threads with advice about critter keeping. If you want, I can show you a pic now, and keep up the pics as things change so you can see the whole before/after effect.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:14 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

It will be interesting to watch. Please do keep the story coming like this fron the "beginning". It is good to watch all the stages. And not everyone gets the opportunity to keep Daphnia!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
invert, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com