My new 90 gallon sw tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jose7878

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi fellow AA members.

My wife just came home on Saturday with my late Christmas present. Which was a 90 gallon tank. Big upgrade from my 55 gallon. LOVE THAT WOMEN.

Attachments

• MY AQUARIUM 001.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 001.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 82
the next day

I couldn't sleep. 7am out the door heading to HomeDepot. Need wood to build the new stand and canopy. Since the 55 gallons won't work. As i started to build the stand and canopy my lovly wife painted the back of the tank for me.

Attachments

• MY AQUARIUM 003.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 003.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 71
  • MY AQUARIUM 004.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 004.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 76
  • MY AQUARIUM 006.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 006.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 64
  • MY AQUARIUM 008.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 008.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Late afternoon Sunday

Got tha stand and canopy finished but not painted just what the tank and floor will be touching. Just to get it going. Starting to fill the tank . With fresh saltwater mix . So i can start the transfer process.

Attachments

• MY AQUARIUM 007.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 007.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 57
Late night 12:30 am Monday morning

I finished tranfer everthing over no pics of the actual tank didn't think of it. but took pics of the wet/dry , skimmer and all the outlet and timmers.

Attachments

• MY AQUARIUM 010.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 010.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 70
  • MY AQUARIUM 011.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 011.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 77
Monday after work 6pm

The tank cleared up nice and clean . Skimmer is going crazy. Due to all the detrius from the crushed coral that was transfered over from the 55 gallon. The stand and canopy were finally completely painted.

Attachments

• MY AQUARIUM 009.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 009.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 66
  • MY AQUARIUM 018.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 018.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 108
up close to the tank

close up of the landscape. All this was done in 3 days.

Attachments

• MY AQUARIUM 036.jpg
    MY AQUARIUM 036.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 354
Looking good! 3-days is good timing, my build is taking way longer, because unfortunately I have to replace everything.

Well the water that i filled the new tank was 5o gallons of my old water from my old tank and therest was new r/o water with salt mixthat i have in a 30 gallon for my water changes. So that help out in the fast refill of the new tank.

Tank is lookin' awesome, love it. I want to get into saltwater so bad, just so expensive of a 16 year olds budget lol.
Exact same thing here except im 13

Well the water that i filled the new tank was 5o gallons of my old water from my old tank and therest was new r/o water with salt mixthat i have in a 30 gallon for my water changes. So that help out in the fast refill of the new tank.
Oh ok sounds good to me.

Back
Top Bottom