My new Freebie :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudfrog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Picked this up today during lunch. 125g (60x18x22) acrylic tank with one corner overflow and black acrylic background. The tank is old (10 years) but the person who gave it to me owned a LFS and really knew how to take care of it. I'm going to clean it up and look into a kit to buff the scratches out. It was the tank only so I need to build a stand and sump.. but hey.. free is free :)

img_944783_0_1b092bde60f0fbdad4b952466b8b1324.jpg

img_944783_1_e8cb60f630da9665a4ab18335799fcab.jpg

img_944783_2_3104a05df34ebabede2e108aee0b4ff6.jpg

So what's your new predator fish going into this tank?

I can tell by the looks of it, it's going to be a lot of work to clean up :p

I'm probably going to move my red wolf, bichirs and catfish into it. As well as picking up a new fire eel and maybe a couple more catfish / plecos..

What? No SW Tank? Come on you know you want to turn it into one since that's what it looks like it was before...LOL Or maybe not....

What? No SW Tank? Come on you know you want to turn it into one since that's what it looks like it was before...LOL Or maybe not....

This will be my second SW to FW conversion.. it's a big pain but I'm just not a SW guy.

Cleaned it up a little bit today.. still a ways to go though.

img_945172_0_7a7953aba52ff3f783c621965050c879.jpg

So far I've only used a rag and warm water. I need to build a stand as I don't trust the table it's on, then I'll fill it with water, add a couple gallons of vinegar and lightly scrub it. Anything left will have to be scraped :(

Yeah, that's what my mom was wondering about, the whole calcium deal. We had to use a razor blade and a lot of it is still on the tank, hard to get off. I'll remember that vinegar trick though. Thanks.

The vinegar will help but not everything will be removed with it. I imagine I'll end up removing a lot of it as I sand the tank to remove the scratches.

Normally the used tanks I get don't have any scratches, if they do it's just one or two witch don't bother me. The difference is though is that that tank you got here looked like it was in pretty bad shape. xD

Normally the used tanks I get don't have any scratches, if they do it's just one or two witch don't bother me. The difference is though is that that tank you got here looked like it was in pretty bad shape. xD

Keep in mind this one is acrylic not glass.. acrylic scratches if you look at it wrong :D

Back
Top Bottom