My new Tiger Watchman Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m3drver

Aquarium Advice Activist
Picked him up this weekend. He seems to have adjusted just fine. He's eating frozen foods ( Mysis and Blender Mush ) and has already dug out a spot under a rock. Although I must say he's creating quite a sand storm in the process. but he's a cool looking fish.
img_4744.jpg

Awesome Goby.. if I ever go salty it will be for gobies..

Nice pickup. I would love to have one to go with my hitchhiker pistol shrimp, but don't want the mess.

Nice pickup. I would love to have one to go with my hitchhiker pistol shrimp, but don't want the mess.

Yeah he's a bit messy, something I didn't realize before i picked him up. The sand in my tank is very fine so any sand he move tends to create a small dust storm but it doesn't cloud the tank.

very nice goby, i got one 10 days ago, have not see him since nor any sand storms. so i dont think he is alive, evening meal for my clean up.

That is a very cool looking goby much cooler coloring than my orange spotted goby Awesome pickup do you have a pistol shrimp to pair him up with it is an awesome relationship to watch.

First, thanks for the comments guys. He is a beautiful fish. I couldn't resist not buying him after seeing it at the LFS a few times.

Ok so here's an update on the Goby.

So far he's been very busy keeping his little cave nice and tidy. he has a very good appetite and eats just about anything i put in the tank, Mush, Mysis or Flake. He hides out in his cave most of the time but does come out every now and then and hangs out at the base of some of the LR. He gets spooked very easily but is getting more and more comfortable staying out in the open. I have no Pistol Shrimp to pair him up with.
Do all Gobies pair up with a Pistol Shrimp? Might consider it if its safe to put in the tank with the rest of the inhabitants.

Anyway, he moves ALOT of sand, but it gives the tank a more natural look and of course keeps the sand nicely sifted. Once he dug out his cave he seems to have stopped making such a huge sand storm so its not a big deal anymore. He does have a habit of piling sand up against a large rock. My 2yr old daughter says " he's making sand castles". Sometimes i think he just nuts, moving sand just because he can...:silly:
its really cool to watch him go back and forth 5 or 6 times with a mouthful of sand and just throw it on top of the pile he already has. One day I'll try to get a short vid of him doing his thing and a new FTS to show the goby's aquascaping skills.

All in all, he's adjusted well to his new home and getting more confident around the tank as the days go by.

We have a diamond watchman and i love watching him move things around. Sand sifters are very interesting fish. Glad you like your new fish.

Back
Top Bottom