New 29 gallon!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice deal I've been hunting down a new tank for a couple weeks on there with no luck atleast not for a steal lol

:) I wasn't looking for it either! But it was cheaper than $49 for a hood with lights for the new 20gal L I got last week. :)

Just clean it as u normally would any tank almost all freshwater fish can actually benefit from low amounts of salt in the water keeps em healthy

I've been scrubbing what appears to be calcium deposits off the filter and tank....?? Whiteish grainy very very stuck and hard to scrub off stuff... With hot water a scrubber sponge... Got what I could off... Will thud affect my tank?

They can effect the tank.

And yes, they are calcium deposits (At least from what I could think of from your description).

Normally, I bleach out any used tank I get then rinse it out REALLY well.

Actually, I got my 29g off craigslist for $30! Craigslist is awesome. I actually got all my tanks, eco-complete and equipment off craigslist :)

Calcium deposits can come from SW tank, I think.

CL has some amazing deals, if I must say.

Even my local paper has some good ads. I found 2 40 gallon fish tanks+stand for $150 each OBO.

its great you got a new tank and that is a great price
make sure the wood stand is strong, not rotted and not broken before filling the fish tank with water
I wouldnt worry about the deposits unless they block the view on the front glass or are numerous.
get them a little wet and u can probably scrape them off with a flat razor if you really want to but dont damage the corner seals or scratch the glass.

I'm actually going to put the tank in my wall cubby where my 10 gal currently is.. Will use the stand for my 20 gal... Will for sure check it out to be sure... Thanks for the suggestion...
The guy was selling because his apt complex allows up to 20 gallons and the apt mgr walked by his open door one day and saw it... After inspection, it had to go...

There might be some concern about the wooden stand because of the clipped front corners and a tank hanging over them.

A trick my husband uses is a blade to get all the tough,stuck on calcium.Just be careful and not scratch your glass.Good luck on the set up with your new tank!

Back
Top Bottom