New acqusitions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andywg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, I'm so happy at some of my newer predatory fish I thought I'd share them with you lovely peeps 8)

Firstly is one of the spotted climbing perch Ctenopoma acutirostre

1002269.jpg

Next are my 3 Chalceus lining up. In this you can see the different shape of the snout of the Chalceus erythrurus (the two on the outside) and the Chalceus macrolepidotus. Other than this the only difference is that the C. erythrurus have golden anal and pelvic fins

1002228.jpg

And a quite moody and cool looking pic of the C. erythrurus

1002113.jpg

Also Slinky the Black Ghost Knife. I haven't managed to get any pictures of the other two smaller ones but once they're bigger they may stay still just long enough for a snap.

1002254.jpg

And finally a shot of the whole tank

post-22-1120075089.jpg

Enjoy

Andy

I put a pink tail Chalceus in a community tank once. It grew up and my smaller tetras didn't! OOPS! 8O

The tank is 85 UK gallons (72" x 18" x 18"). It is filtered by two 14 UK gallon sump tanks (each is 24" x 14" x 12"). Lighting is courtesy of two 150W Metal Halides (around 4500K) and 4 acradia 54W T5 plant tubes (forget K). Though only two of the T5 tube are running after one of the end caps cought fire last week 8O

The tank has been going since December and will be broken down in July to make way for a bigger tank to allow the current inhabitants to grow out nicely (150 UK gallon - 72" x 24" x 24") which will utilise the same sumps as the current tank.

Thanks for the compliments :D

That would be 100 US gallons on the tank and 17 US gallons on the sumps and the new bigger tank 179 US gallons for those that might have been wondering, and didnt want to use the calculator.... :D

Back
Top Bottom