New animals in daughters saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim B

Aquarium Advice Activist
Tanks been set up for about 6 weeks with a Maroon clown and just added the following :
Orange starfish
5 hermit crabs
3 snails
3 soft coral
Feather duster
Tail spot bleeny
2 peppermint shrimp ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423295917.790805.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423295953.840592.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423296007.169839.jpg

Jim B from Tennessee

Cool additions.
Be careful with that starfish, as it appears to be a linckia. They are pretty hard to keep. We don't even really know what they eat. If you see it start to 'disintegrate' remove it as there is no turning back. This can even come if it was exposed to air!
What kind of coral did you get? The one looks like it could be a polyp, maybe a green star polyp?

Thanks for the info sniper!

The star did good for a day then it started to split open on the legs. I left it alone and 3 days later it seems to have healed and starting to move around the tank more. Not sure about the corals but I'll find out. I did add a small sump just for a little bit more water volume. So far my biggest issue has been keeping nitrates down. They haven't been super high (5-10 ppm) but I know it could get out of hand quick in such a small tank.

Jim B from Tennessee

Back
Top Bottom