New betta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at petsmart today and brought this beauty home. Of all the bettas they had, this guy was alert and flared when I touched the cup. He came home to a 10 gallon all to himself.

Attachments

• image-3238624837.jpg
    image-3238624837.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1032174706.jpg
    image-1032174706.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 127
I was at petsmart today and brought this beauty home. Of all the bettas they had, this guy was alert and flared when I touched the cup. He came home to a 10 gallon all to himself.

Petco has better betta stock just FYI. I was sad because I was looking at a BEAUTIFUL betta that was already in the back. So I set it down up in front. A mom walks up buys a 1 liter bowl some marbles and the beautiful betta. I was so depressed that it was going to a terrible home.

Yeah it does look like a female, you win though because I think the females are a couple bucks more in Petco/Petsmart. At least by me

The tank looks great. If only all bettas could live in a setup like that.

Very nice, once he'se settled in he'll just be prettier. I would however add some more plants either silk or real. You'll also want to make sure his fins can't snag on any of the driftwood.

Very nice, once he'se settled in he'll just be prettier. I would however add some more plants either silk or real. You'll also want to make sure his fins can't snag on any of the driftwood.

I redid the tank a few weeks ago and almost all of my plants melted:( hoping they rebound. I'm keeping a close eye on his fins and the driftwood too.

I redid the tank a few weeks ago and almost all of my plants melted:( hoping they rebound. I'm keeping a close eye on his fins and the driftwood too.

What kind of plants and are you using excel? Lighting? Fertilizers?

What kind of plants and are you using excel? Lighting? Fertilizers?

Plants that I had: amazon sword, melon sword, kliner bar sword, water wisteria and java fern. I still have a small shoot of water wisteria and the java ferns are fine(no big surprise on these). My lighting is a 10,000k daylight bulb and I use the sachem line of liquid ferts along with sachem root tabs. Everything that melted I trimmed down to the roots and crossing my fingers.

Update: today I did water changes on both tanks. I noticed that my melted plants are, slowly but steadily, coming back!!! Also, mr betta is eating good and developing black around his head. So it appears he's gonna be black, blue and purple. ***no I do not abuse him;)*****

Back
Top Bottom