New Betta Splenden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marchmaxima

Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally when I set up this 3.7g, I planned on having a shrimp tank. But some time ago (during the 4 months it took to cycle it!) I decided on a Betta instead. Everytime I go to the LFS, it breaks my heart to see them in those tiny little jars. I usually avoid looking altogether.

On Saturday I decided to LFS and look at the bettas they had. I looked carefully at each one. As I inspected each jar, one Betta who was the first I looked at kept looking at me. After every few jars I'd glance upwards and there he was watching me.

Ultimately, he picked me.

Meet my new betta boy. He doesn't have a name yet. Happy for suggestions.

betta2.jpg

betta1.jpg

As soon as I got the camera out, he flared and put on a performance. He was being such a show pony the pics are a bit blurred.

So far, he appears well and taking food. Last night, he built his first bubble nest!

I just got one too, ill post it when I get back to the house, Its not a crown-tail but its solid red, bright blood red to a deep blood red depending where he is swimming in the tank. They have got to be one of the best community fish Ive ever kept.

He is very handsome!
We do need a full tank shot.

Very nice! :) He looks just like Eli (one of my bettas now in fishy heaven).

I really like the anubias on the driftwood and the betta in front of that is a great picture!

Very nice, I just picked up a new Betta as well. Thankfully My LFS uses divided tanks to keep there Bettas so there usually much better off then the jarred guys. Its unfortunate that Bettas have to usually be kept in little jars.

Back
Top Bottom