New Calico Bristle Nose Plecos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got the Calico's I've been wanting for a few years in the mail today!
Seller even included an extra in case of DOA, so instead of 3, I got 4 beautiful (imo) calico BNP's!!
They are a lot prettier than I expected. I believe I got a pretty darn good deal for them as well, atleast compared to what I normally see on aquabid, and even most of ebay's listings were higher than what I got these for.

Anyways, heres a picture of one of them, the only one that will spend time out in the open so far.

img_2396040_0_75a2a5fd03266649dbc69ff4c4fc573e.jpg

Now, I have a couple of questions

Two of these guys are right at the 2" mark, and the other two are just a little bit over 1.5"... I'm not quite sure what the growth rate on these guys is, so is it pretty likely these guys are from differnt spawns?

Is size a pretty good determining factor of age? Like with a betta, when they are about 1/2 an inch, they are usually around the 6wk mark.

Around what length do they start to sex out?

Thanks!

That's a gorgeous pleco! I got my bristlenoses at about 1.5 inches each, my only obvious male started getting his bristles at maybe 2.5 inches. They are all around 3-4 inches now. Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone!
I got these 4 from a seller on eBay, I can't remember the name but I can look it up if you want. Auction for 3 started at 15, won them for 16.50. I was bidding on a lot of 6 from the same seller, but someone outbid me last second, luckily the auction for 3 was running for a few more seconds!

Anyways do you guys know about what age they are at a certain size?

If you can get longfin calicos that would be rare. I've seen some go for 75 dollars.

I have actually been seeing a decent amount of long fins going for pretty decent prices lately, but for some reason LF's kind of creep me out, same with albinos.

Thanks everyone!
I got these 4 from a seller on eBay, I can't remember the name but I can look it up if you want. Auction for 3 started at 15, won them for 16.50. I was bidding on a lot of 6 from the same seller, but someone outbid me last second, luckily the auction for 3 was running for a few more seconds!

Anyways do you guys know about what age they are at a certain size?

I'd love to know the seller's name if you can find it

Okay so the seller's name is thull1974
He doesn't have any auctions up at the moment, not sure how often he does.
He also only has 10 feedbacks, but all are positive, not sure how much that matters to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom