new Cam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
well, holding off on a new tank for a while, I've decided to get a new cam instead.

since I'm fairly versed in using analog SLR camera, I wanted to get a cam that would offer a similar degree of preformance and features, but not cost several grand 8O

so I chose the Nikon Coolpix 5700

http://www.nikonusa.com/usa_product/product.jsp?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25504

i found a good price online, and then there is a $100 rebate, so it was a bargain I hope :)

haven't mastered all the menus and whatnot yet, so it'll be a few more days before I start crankin out quality pics ;)

congrats we got our fist decent dig cam about a month ago still learning and i maxed out the hard drive of the computer already 8O so i had to spend hrs today coping the keepers to a cd :x ....so just a word of advice copy as you go :!:

zoom demo

sorry, these pictures were taken in a back-lit sky ... was too late in the day to be shooting the water, but the effect is still neat.

shots were taken in Parital Auto, with focus fixed at infinity.

first pic is 32x, second is 8x, third is no zoom

32x is 8x opti and 4x digital

8x is 280mm (optical telephoto)

no zoom is 35mm (wide angle)

Wow that is awesome!!! You can take pictures of your fish from your neighbor's house :lol: . I wish I could afford such a cool camera; I still rely on film for everything but the closest shots. My digital is good, but nowhere near that good--it's only a 2.1 mp with a 3x optical 2x digital.

Something tells me DIY is going to be doing more then just looking at his neighbors fish with this camera's zoom 0X :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom