New Cory Cats Spastic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristaButler

Aquarium Advice Freak
Since I am moving up to a 90 gallon and was excited to go get some new fish. I just bought 6 Cory cats.

Will these little boogers slow down any? They are all over the place. My tank went from peaceful to spastic.

I do catch my cories sitting still sometimes. But not to often. They are spazzy active fish, after I change water they go absolutely nuts. fun to watch., You should definitely add even more :)

I do catch my cories sitting still sometimes. But not to often. They are spazzy active fish, after I change water they go absolutely nuts. fun to watch., You should definitely add even more :)

I had read somewhere. No less than 10. I may get 3 more at some point.

What species of Cory? 5 or more is a nice sized shoal. 10 is a big Cory party, but why not in a 90gal. What else is in the tank... pics?

I have 3 angels.
1 peacock cichlid
1 sword tail.

Currently in my 55 but will be going into my new 90. I also bought a 110 aquaclear hob. Happy about that.

An interesting array of fish. I'd recommend not getting anymore African cichlids in this setup and focus on making the Angels your centerpiece with other South American community fish. Maybe this 55g will eventually be your African tank and the 90 will be your New World for all I know.[emoji15]
Double up the ac110 on the 90g, or a bigly canister filter would be a useful addition.

More filters rarely hurt, canisters are nice,but honestly I think our tanks are grossly overfiltered already. We could do with way less and fish still going to be ok

AFAIK swordtail is a schooling fish, likes to be in groups. As with cories minimum of 6 recommended. But then again they will get over the loneliness. I'm not very sure how well that cich deals with groups. Never had cichlids, bat AFAIK they are not always playing well with other kids in the park.

Albino! White fish seen to set a darker color tank off very nicely. That and red, or darker orange. I got white Molly's, and wagon Platy's (orange/red color) made my tank pop!

Back
Top Bottom