New Discus and Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HN1

Aquarium Advice Addict
We just picked up a late Xmas gift to ourselves. Saw them on the club site and couldn't resist the deal. Especially because we know the quality since they're coming from a local breeder that has amazing fish. We brought home 6 Discus (Stendker Snakeskin, Fire Red, Cobalt blue, and 3 unknown red & blues), a proven pair of pearl scale angels, and a bunch of little phillippine blues to grow out. Acclimating now, pics later. :)

Wish us luck on our first foray into discus!

I love discus! They're so expensive that they're out of my range but congrats!

Our 6 new discus... There's a Stendker fire red, a cobalt blue (I think), snakeskins, and possibly another color... it was a snap decision and we bought the fish sight unseen because the seller always has nice fish. They are in the 75 gallon with the DD black angel pair. If the angels don't play nice, they'll be going in a 55 of their own.

So, here are a couple of pics... excuse the mess in the tank, I've had a seasonal job all month and have not had the motivation to dose ferts or trim. LOL

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

Thanks guys!!!! :)

The lights are out for tonight. We're trying to minimize stress... some of the discus are taking the move better than others. It was about a 2 hour drive to get them home, and another hour and 15 minutes for drip acclimation.

We'll try to get some pics of the new angels tonight... tank hasn't been scraped, don't judge. :p

Here are a couple pics of our new pair of pearlscale angels!

They are currently residing in a 46 bowfront with a pair of Apisto rotpunkt. Glass will be scraped shortly. ;)

DSC_0007-2.JPG

DSC_0011-2.JPG

More pics from this afternoon:
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

They got a big water change today and decided to pout about it for a while. LOL

Back
Top Bottom