New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got the fish for our 40 long

The picture of the blue green chromis, this is probably not the proper name it came from a fish store that likes to make their own names up as I have found. They are probably green chromis, but depending on which angle they are swimming sometimes they look blue, other times green. The picture isn't very good, the water is cloudy, we moved the rocks to create more hiding spots before we went to get them and all the die off from the rocks created cloudy water, not to mention dirty looking black sand.

The royal is beautiful, a deep purple, with orange and yellow at the end of the tail, doesn't bother anyone, but you can tell she's ready for it if anyone gets in the way.

OH the yellow watchman is the coolest! When we put him in LOL he scoped us out, just checking us out as he floating in the current, the look on his face is, "Hey, what's your problem?" We've decided to call him Mr. Limpet.

Hope you enjoy the pics, the lighting sucks, we have 24" lights that are NO's they are only 20 watts, can't wait until we can get the PC lights in there it will make a HUGE difference.

Bummed, the yellow watchman died this morning, should have known, he looked down, but then with his expression he always looked grumpy. :( Maybe get another but with a guarantee. :?

Sorry to hear bout the goby. These are one class of fish with a real personality.

I had one of mine the other day putting on a show of agression toward me. Had mouth wide open and had all his fins up in full display.

Thanks plan on getting another one, you don't think the royal gramma could have attacked him do you? :?

Here's a better pic of the Blue Green Chromis, we added more flouresents last night until we can get the PC's.

Thanks, we ended up getting rid of the fish, too territorial even the chromis one of them was territorial, we are going to take our time and figure out different fish more peaceful. May go clowns again but maybe black and white this time. :) Oh and a yellow watchman or a blue dot jawfish can't decide, but price may be the deciding factor :)

I've had bad experiences with blennys, i had two red lipped blennys in the course of 24 hours both of which never made it more than a couple hours. Go figure, they might just be hard to keep.

On a side note i just got a forktail blenny from marinedepotlive.com and it is in great health(knock on wood). I suppose it all depends on the species.

The royal gramma in our 150 tried to eat a damsel when we first put them in. He has a way of dislocating his job and he fit the entire damsel in his both before realizing it wouldn't fit. I would shy away from grammas until...well forever.

Good luck with everything!

-Dan

Back
Top Bottom