New fish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cfirman4242

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I went to the LFS today and found a fish I absolutely loved and would like some input -

It was a Valentini Puffer, pretty small. He is gorgeous and has tons of personality.

Currently I have a:
30 gallon breeder tank with 2 percula clowns and 3-4 peppermint shrimp, a strwberry crab, an emerald crab, a clean up crew and live rock...
65 gallon tank with a naso tang, lawn mower blenny, 1 peppermint shrimp, a pencil sea urchin, clean up crew, and a few soft corals....

what do you think??

I think most of those inverts would be a snack.
Do you have a pic of the "strawberry crab"? I'm just curious what it looks like.
Puffers are one of my favs! I think he would leave the Tang and blenny alone. Make sure you have stuff for him to "chew" on to keep his fused teeth trimmed.

yep sure do! it isnt a very good one and it was taken at night time... but you can see the coloring.

i purchased the puffer tody !! So we will see wha happens, ido have some corals in th tank, but most said it depends on his teperment... so we will see!! Hopefully he leaves things alone!!

Attachments

• DSC00535.jpg
    DSC00535.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 69
You might want to consider upgrading the tank size, and stocking larger, more aggressive fish like triggers or foxfaces/rabbitfish that can fend for themselves. Kept singly, a 30 gallon tank would be sufficient, though. I've known puffers to be semi-aggressive nippers. It will eat all your inverts, and it won't think twice about it.

Back
Top Bottom