New Fishies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuhli Loach

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got a snakeskin gourami, a mystery snail and a leopard looking danio!!!

Attachments

• image-3347209796.jpg
    image-3347209796.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 105
  • image-537011034.jpg
    image-537011034.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 108
  • image-3821653839.jpg
    image-3821653839.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 114
nice!
danios do prefer schools of their own kind but they should be ok with other fish too

Yeah, they only had one leopard and I read zebras and leopards get along pretty well....

redsea said:
Nice new additions! They are all great choices! :)

Yeah the snakeskin gourami caught my eye and I remember someone recommending it! So I went ahead and bought it!!! I originally went for 3 danios and another Kuhli but they had no kuhlis and only one danio

absolutangel04 said:
The gourami is pretty. Hopefully he perks up a bit once he is out of the bag.

Ya it took him a hour or so to come out, but he is swimming along the opaline now and they are best friends :) although he will still hide when you get kinda close.

Keep an eye on him as he grows up to make sure he never fights with the opaline. Good to hear he is looking better though.

absolutangel04 said:
Keep an eye on him as he grows up to make sure he never fights with the opaline. Good to hear he is looking better though.

I watch all my fish very closely, 4 hours a day, glancing at them time to time to sitting right in front of my tank.

I've been watching my gouramis very close today and I saw the opaline (smaller) chasing the snakeskin twice today, but no fin nipping. Will this aggression die down or should I take back the snakeskin?

I've been watching my gouramis very close today and I saw the opaline (smaller) chasing the snakeskin twice today, but no fin nipping. Will this aggression die down or should I take back the snakeskin?
I cannot predict the future and tell you what will happen. Chasing is not necessarily a big deal, unless its too frequent and stresses a fish out too much. You are keeping an eye on them and you said you always do, so just watch to make sure the snakeskin doesn't get too stressed or is attacked. Make sure the opaline lets him get to the surface to grab air too. It may just be them figuring out a pecking order. Hopefully, thats all it is and they will figure it out and go about their lives happily. If you are not comfortable with the quality of life the snakeskin is having because of the opaline, then take the snakeskin back.

I got two new mystery snails and one laid a sack of snail eggs at the top of my fish tank. What do I do?! Do I have to wait for them to hatch before I do a

Scoop them out with a plastic cup and put them in a bucket filled with tank water I guess. Get some other peoples opinion on this

TyTy98 said:
I got two new mystery snails and one laid a sack of snail eggs at the top of my fish tank. What do I do?! Do I have to wait for them to hatch before I do a

This isnt your thread, so in the future make your own under the fw and brachish general dicussion fourm. Seeing as your new, however, its okay! Welcome by the way. And i believe mystery snails wont hatch in freshwater, but i could definatly be wrong. I dont have any.

Congrats on the new additions kuhli!!!! I swear that snakeskin it the coolest gourami iv seen! If my lfs ever has one ill snatch it up :) hope your opaline lays off, and goodluck!

Yeah, they're fine now. They always swim together! And mystery snails can definatly spawn in freshwater.

Kuhli Loach said:
Yeah, they're fine now. They always swim together! And mystery snails can definatly spawn in freshwater.

They can? Thank you for the info. Must have been a different snail i was thinking of

Back
Top Bottom