New frags from Ziggy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmor1701d

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK, so I couldn't pass up the deal on a 10 pack of coral frags from Allen. I already had some of the corals, but with a 6' long 125 to fill, doubles don't count. Besides, he swears all the money is going to the 210 tank build :BIG:

So here's some pics of what I got. Sorry for the quality...

Attachments

• OrangeMontiCap1Frag.jpg
    OrangeMontiCap1Frag.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 75
  • TriColorVakida1Frag.jpg
    TriColorVakida1Frag.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 80
  • GreenBirdsNestFrag.jpg
    GreenBirdsNestFrag.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 80
And the rest of the 10 (11) pack....

Attachments

• OrangeDigiFrag.jpg
    OrangeDigiFrag.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 126
  • GreenMontiporaFrag.jpg
    GreenMontiporaFrag.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 124
  • PinkBirdsNestFragNew.jpg
    PinkBirdsNestFragNew.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 81
  • PinkPocillaporaFrag.jpg
    PinkPocillaporaFrag.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 99
So here's some pics of what I got. Sorry for the quality...

You are talking about your pic quality and not my frag quality...right?

Just kidding

Now come on you got more then 4 from me....where are the rest of the pics?? Oh and I think we should have a nice FTS so we can see how things are filing in!

My wife and I have a savings account setup for the build and I promise MOST of the money is going into that account. After my company is done with this move (NEW 300,000sqft building) I will be putting a lot more time into working on the build.

Thanks!

The next to last photo above is a Pink Birdsnest. I got from Allen a few months ago togehter with a Purple Digi and A. Tenius.

Attachments

• PinksBirdsNestOrg-ATenius.jpg
    PinksBirdsNestOrg-ATenius.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 82
  • ORAblueTort-PurpleTip3 (Large).jpg
    ORAblueTort-PurpleTip3 (Large).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 101
  • digitata-Purple6 (Large).jpg
    digitata-Purple6 (Large).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 92
  • PinkBirdsNest1ATeniusNewInTank2.jpg
    PinkBirdsNest1ATeniusNewInTank2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 102
Gee, Ziggy replies befiore I even finish uplaoding. FTS and other photos coming now. I was going to post a new thread for the FTS, but I'll just add on to this one. Now you can see why I keep adding frags. I'll post some more close-ups later.

Attachments

• MidTank (Large).jpg
    MidTank (Large).jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 94
  • MidRightTank.jpg
    MidRightTank.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 83
  • LeftUpperTank.jpg
    LeftUpperTank.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 71
More...

Attachments

• IMG_2924 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2924 (Large).jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2925 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2925 (Large).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2930 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2930 (Large).jpg
    120 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2977 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2977 (Large).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 98
Looking really good, now just need to wait for some of those frags to grow. That is the process I am in too. I am tempted to buy one full sps colony though instead of a frag to help things look more full. Did Ziggy ever post the new/updated FTS yet?

Very nice!

I have not posted an updated FTS yet. I'm going to be adding some things to the tank tonight and I'll have the top off for a good glass scraping and I will get some FTS tomorrow. I promise....

How long does it take for frags like that to really grow into a decent size coral??

Depending on the coral. The teal acro that I offer grows very fast. I started out with a 1.5" piece a year ago and now it dominates the right side of my tank at over 12" across. Some grow slower like the pocillipora and the orange cap. It depends on the coral and your water parameters also your lighting.

Thanks ziggy. Do you sell frags?? I am still in the process of setting up my 125 but when I get it up and running I would definitely be interested in some frags to keep from having to spend so much money trying to get a little varitey in the tank!!

Yes I do sell frags....If you look at my tank (Ziggy953's 72g Bow) just about everything in my tank I have frags of.

Does Ziggy sell frags????? I count 20 frags from Ziggy953 in my tank now. The original Pinks Birdsnest if sprouting in all directions. The Purple Monti didn't seem to be too well at first but is now growing nicely. The ORA Blue Torts are just beautiful, as are, well they all are.

I bought some frags a couple of years ago from liveaquaria (Dr.s Foster and Smith). Some did well, some had to be replaced under their 30 day guarantee, and then I lost all but one when I was in India for a month and a friend was watching my tank. It wasn't her fault, the outside temps got up and the house was sealed. Together with the lights, the tank heated up to 90 degrees and they all bleached.

The frags I got from Ziggy are actually as good or better than what I got from liveaquaria. They are the same size or larger, come well packaged and are less expensive. I can hardly wait for these to grow into fraggable colonies.

Well i will definitely be talking to you once I get everything set up and running!! I would love to have a nice variety of corals

Back
Top Bottom