New hammer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antec

Aquarium Advice Freak
WHat do you guys think of my new hammer!:)

image-639010352.jpg

image-3873687913.jpg

In terms of like inches across? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question.

By looking at the hermit shells id say what 3-4"? Nice hammer by the way :)

Woooooowwww!!!! Such a sweet addition.

If you dont mind me asking, how much? I like to see what deals people get

Yea it's 4" across thanks btw. I paid $65 for it

And I had a question, does it matter that it's close to that rock behind it? Will it hinder it's growth or will it just grow on top of it?

And also, how will I know that it's splitting??

Is this it? There's one mouth you can see clearly, and just on top of it u can see another one. And a another picture from today. Idk if it split and got bigger or it Just getting fully extended but, it looks bigger than before

image-3080433105.jpg

image-529886229.jpg

I think you should give it to me once I setup a marine aquarium. That coral is beautiful.

Any of you guys know anything about my previous post??

You can tell its splitting when it looks like its mouth is just pulling apart... Looks like its stretching. I cant tell with yours, its too bushy. Lol

Thanks nu nu. How about the one before where I was talking about If it would be a problem that it was so close to that rock behind it

Ummm it should be able to fully extend, if a bit hits the rocks thats ok, but you dont want it to be so close that it cant extend

Thanks man. And another thing, I see couple flatworms on it. Are thy harmful to the coral? If so what is the solution?

Are you sure they are flatworms? Could be tube worms and those are fine. Flatworms are not good for corals from my understanding... I know there are a few fish that eat them so that could be a solution

I actually do have 1 tube worm on the skeleton, but no, what I'm talking about are the flatworms. From what I've read so far they are fine as long as they don't start over running your tank, and they can be rid of with a fw dip? Does this sound right? But yeah I heard a six line wrasse eats them

Back
Top Bottom