New Jewel Trigon 190 tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingcichlid87

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi guys i just got a jewel trigon 190 tank and i want to put maybe cichlids in there i know about cichlids but i dnt know how many i can keep in the tank before it would become too overly stocked i know your suppos to overstock it so the aggression levels are not as high in the tank..

or it will either be discus or a peacful community tank any ideas as what fish go nice together ??

Cichlids??? That is very vague. Lake Malawi cichlids are nice because they do BETTER when over stocked. I personally love a MALE peacock tank, all males or they can get aggressive. With proper filtration ( lots of it) you could have 100 safely.
Just look up Malawi peacock cichlids.

Other lake and river cichlids don't do quite as well in large numbers.

This tank is one I helped set up, and it will help give an idea on aquascaping. The trick "with malawi" is that they need areas, not homes. No holes or rock mounds that they can call there own. They NEED to be forced together and they will be happier, they are the one type of cichlid that does this

image-754693782.jpg

Attachments

• image-2468756879.jpg
    image-2468756879.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 120
Back
Top Bottom