New L-204!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'Tis the season for a Loricariidae
tra la la la laaaaa
La laaaaa laaaaa laaaaa!

Nice fish.
(Just invested in a pair of plecs myself, one was a lucky find)

'Tis the season for a Loricariidae
tra la la la laaaaa
La laaaaa laaaaa laaaaa!

Nice fish.
(Just invested in a pair of plecs myself, one was a lucky find)

Haha thanks J.!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dang that's a really cool fish. I want to find a cool pleco for my 55. Most stores here sell regular bristlenose plecos or common plecos. I don't really like clown plecos to be honest. I'm hoping to go to the lfs that I used to work at and see what they have. They used to have red, albino longfin, and blue eye bristlenose plecos plus they would bring in sternellas.

Dang that's a really cool fish. I want to find a cool pleco for my 55. Most stores here sell regular bristlenose plecos or common plecos. I don't really like clown plecos to be honest. I'm hoping to go to the lfs that I used to work at and see what they have. They used to have red, albino longfin, and blue eye bristlenose plecos plus they would bring in sternellas.

Sweet! Yeah he was a lucky find the more I read and hear about em!
I feel bad for him though, his favorite cave that he dug himself will probably get destroyed by me in my attempts to clean all his friggin poop!

Here's a small little update, his caudal fin is awesome! Love the forking to it.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420343333.535830.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420343386.106650.jpg
And then my favorite pic of him:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420343461.032141.jpg

Gee that's nice. How big do these get? Kind of tempted to keep an eye out for them now....

Every where I saw said 4" max. If you've got a lot of wood and want a really sweet decorative Pleco I say go for it!
Once mine got comfortable he started coming out way more. Don't know if it's just mine but I'm really surprised, he's out a ton during the photoperiod and goes to town on the wood. Not just sorta stationary for hours on end then moving three inches lol.

Every where I saw said 4" max. If you've got a lot of wood and want a really sweet decorative Pleco I say go for it!
Once mine got comfortable he started coming out way more. Don't know if it's just mine but I'm really surprised, he's out a ton during the photoperiod and goes to town on the wood. Not just sorta stationary for hours on end then moving three inches lol.

Hmm, tempting. I've got heaps of wood in but unfortunately got the real estate occupied by bn catfish with baby fry. I see the babies are getting big but catching them....

Once they start coming out more though I'm going to see if I can sell them.

Hmm, tempting. I've got heaps of wood in but unfortunately got the real estate occupied by bn catfish with baby fry. I see the babies are getting big but catching them....

Once they start coming out more though I'm going to see if I can sell them.

Yeah, this guy creates enough poop on his own! People would probably think you've got brown sand with all them Plecos lol.

Yeah, this guy creates enough poop on his own! People would probably think you've got brown sand with all them Plecos lol.

Mine sweeps his cave.. haha.. basically flails his tail fin and blows all his poo out the front entrance..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine sweeps his cave.. haha.. basically flails his tail fin and blows all his poo out the front entrance..

Ha that's awesome! Mine hasn't been in his cave lately, he's been all over a piece of wood. But hey no complaints from me!

If I give up on plants I intend to put some 2ft lengths of driftwood in the tank and redo the landscape but hoping the plants come around.

If I give up on plants I intend to put some 2ft lengths of driftwood in the tank and redo the landscape but hoping the plants come around.

Well good luck with em!

Yep... someone else said it first but it's true.. I've positioned mines cave on such a way I can always peer in to sneak a peak..

Yeah that was me lol, I rarely seen my sp. Lower Xingu until I did the substrate change and he took a liking to a flower pot at the end of the tank. You seem to see yours quite a bit Bichir Bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah that was me lol, I rarely seen my sp. Lower Xingu until I did the substrate change and he took a liking to a flower pot at the end of the tank. You seem to see yours quite a bit Bichir Bro.

Yeah he's always out! Don't know if he didn't read the manual or what but he's got plenty of caves, cover and shady areas to go to if he wanted.
He's an awesome little dude, the only time he's not out is when he's renovating his little self made caves.

Little update on my dude. He's grown a ton in a short amount of time. Caudal fin is starting to grow that fork out more and more too.

Little update on my dude. He's grown a ton in a short amount of time. Caudal fin is starting to grow that fork out more and more too.

Looking good but I think he may be a she

Looking good but I think he may be a she

Really? I just kinda put that name on him I ain't got no clue how to sex em.
So what makes you think that? I was always curious but never really knew.

Really? I just kinda put that name on him I ain't got no clue how to sex em.
So what makes you think that? I was always curious but never really knew.

Looks a little round and I don't see any "spikey/hairy" scales running down the sides.

Back
Top Bottom