New male Bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscarbreeder

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just picked up two new male Bettas tonight.
Dont throw stones at me but right now they are in one of those double betta tanks(If you can call it a tank).
Tomorrow they will get seperate 10gal tanks maybe even get them a chick or two each to hang out with.

They are beautiful! Do they have names? I'm sure they will appreciate 10 gallon tanks more than that little bowl. My bettas are in 5.5 gallon tanks. I did try a 10 gallon -- it wouldn't fit where I wanted to put it!

Be careful of plastic plants. They may tear a betta's delicate fins. That happened to me once. :( Silk plants are cheap too, like the plastic ones.

I never had a female betta, and never tried to breed them. I've read that the male and female shouldn't be together except briefly, to breed. Otherwise, they may fight. But I don't have any firsthand experience with that.

Thanks.
No names for them yet.
I hated to put them in that little bowl but it was free and will hold them till I get the other 10gal cycled.(under way as I type, seeded with gravel and filter from another tank)
I have a male and female together in our 55gal community tank.
They get along well but there is alot of room for them to get away from each other.

Great lookin' men!

I agree about the plants however. I had plastic plants that tore up my bettas fins once. Now, it's always silk!

Back
Top Bottom