New oddball.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
With the passing of my bichir I find myself doing the whole research thing. I been looking at about 3 or so different fish.

Khuli loach
Dojo loach
African brown knife

It would be nice to have a couple different fish inhabit a tank this go round. Probably will use a 55.

I'm just curious to those of you who have and do keep these. What are your opinions of them? How active are they? How many per gallon? (I'm familiar with the ABK) but the loaches not so much.

I'm also open to other fish. I'm not so much into the community tank seen as I am the NW cichlids. But I liked my bichir so much I want that counter to my aggressive tanks back.

Thanks!

i have all 3 of those fish in my 75 8 kuhliis 2 dojos and 2 abk.... they all keep to themselves and are hardy eaters they all eat frozen and live foods...and to kick in there i also have a bichrir in with them

Those are very interesting choices. I might get some dojo loaches for my 55.

How about something that truly fits the oddball category like Brachyplatystomia tigrinum or Centropomus ensiferus.

Dude both of them are awesome!

But long term I don't have anywhere to house them. The 125 looks like its gonna have the RD and grammode in probably another year. Which leaves a 55 and 75. But hey... Maybe I can find a 200g by then LOL!

You know that is the price we pay for trying to house guys, a single fish in a tank is waste of tank in my opinion. I'm currently dealing with the same thing with my festae, she's all alone cause she can't play nice with others.

HUKIT said:
You know that is the price we pay for trying to house guys, a single fish in a tank is waste of tank in my opinion. I'm currently dealing with the same thing with my festae, she's all alone cause she can't play nice with others.

If that ain't the truth. The only saving grace will be the size diffrence between the RD and gramm. I hope that the rd being so much larger will allow him to put the gramm in his place. If not I have the large enough back up tank.

Back
Top Bottom