New peakcock eel and new eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoa- how'd you get them to breed? I just Googled how to breed them and most things came up say it was very hard. Good luck!

Dumb luck probably. They are the only "large" fish in that tank and they seem to LOVE the black sand substrate. The female is constantly building nests.

What?! I have never ever heard of them breeding!! It is really kinda rare! Can you raise them?

Ha! Well I thought all of the eggs had died but I just found 100 or so little wrigglers. I might actually manager to get some more pollini out of this batch of eggs. :dance:

I wonder what the best approach is for these guys. Should I just leave them be or take them and put them into a breeding basket?

Well I've taken a chance and moved the fry into another tank. We will see if that works or not. The parents are VERY unhappy with me.

zparticle said:
Well I've taken a chance and moved the fry into another tank. We will see if that works or not. The parents are VERY unhappy with me.

Good luck!

Doing well at this point, still very early though. The fry in the empty tank are doing well and the fry I missed in the parent's tank are doing well too.

Quick update, I still have about 250 Pollini babies. They are ALL doing very well. The 50 or so with the parent are at that point were they are going to get bigger by the day. The others in the separate tanks are close to that point.

Back
Top Bottom