New Swords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I picked up 3 female tiger swordtails from LPS the other day. I was lucky enough to get one of each colour combo! They look great in my tank!

Enjoy
spenny

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 133
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 133
How did you get them to line up for that shot? lol Great find!

Thanks! I managed to look over at my tank and there they were, all lined up. I was lucky enough to get those good shots!

spenny

Wow it looks like one ( call me crazy ) has a little dalmation molly to me

Wow it looks like one ( call me crazy ) has a little dalmation molly to me
I may be wrong, but the silver&black one is actually a male platy... I noticed today when it was trying to mate with the white one. I'll try and get a pic up of him now. It's pretty obvious I think. You might be able to see in the first pics.
Thanks LPS, for selling me a platys labeled as swordtails. The guy said he believed that there were only females left in the tank, which is exactly what I wanted.

It looks female to me... The anal fin is fanned out, which usually means female. Although it kinda has that gonopodium kinda look to it.

okapizebra said:
It looks female to me... The anal fin is fanned out, which usually means female. Although it kinda has that gonopodium kinda look to it.

Females have a more rounded anal fin. Whereas in the last pic you can see the part that sticks out more. He was just moving it around.

Back
Top Bottom