new tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mazdaman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
here is my new tank. Will be filling it soon and begining the cycle.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 114
thats different. what are the dimensions of that thing. It looks like a 45 gal on end.
pretty cool

it claims to be a 47 tall but it is closer to 45. 30inches tall 21 wide and 18 deep. It is an odd shape but as you can see by the space on the wall, no room to go long. Plans are for FW with yellow labs, p demasnoi and a red-tailed black shark. It'll be my first venture with chiclids as I used to have a 75 with rainbows. Haven't decided on plants just yet but most likely fake ones will be used just due to lack of time to dedicate to a planted tank. Plus I heard chiclids have a habit of up-rooting plants. The other reason I liked the shape is I always found standard tanks on standard stands tend to make you have to bend over to see who's inside. This one is 61" to the top from the ground.

New photos-updated

Got some pics of the progress I thought I'd share. Put in gravel, background, filter and heater. The heater is a rena "smart" heater that actually hooks up to the inlet and acts as a pert of the inlet. Eliminates the need for one more long piece in the tank.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Filled.jpg
    Filled.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 75
don't think so, pretty much giving up on chiclids all together. As much as I have always wanted and loved them, this tank just will not be enough. My plan is most likely goin g to be a pair of angels, maybe a red-tailed shark and some rasboras... Not set in stone yet though.

Actually not too bad, got an extra long gravel vac; 24" plus a 4" vac piece on the end. use a little foot stool and good to go. The part that will be tought will the "aquascaping" Having to reach all the way to the bottom to get plants in the gravel...

COOL! I have the exact same tank. It is definitely a pain in the rear to get to the bottom of the tank, but otherwise, I love it. I just switched from FW to SW, so I will post some pictures soon.

Enjoy :)

sweet, this tank would make a really nice SW setup, but I don't even want to try that with the amount of time it needs.

Yeah, I was 'forced' in to the switch in a way. My LFS switched to all SW, so I decided it was time for me to make the jump too. The tank is cycled and has a few critters in it an seems to be doing great. Again, I will get some pics up soon and direct you to them.

Are you going to keep this thread updated with your progress? Please do.

Take care

absolutely. Not much to look at for the next little while with the fishless cycle. but I am in the search for a root style piece of driftwood standing 20-26" tall. If I find one, i'll post that. But for now, water and ammonia...

Using the same heater as you are... works like a charm. Suprised they seem kinda new from what I can see, you would think there would be more companies making them.

And your from Edmonton !!! Howdy !!! Almost bought a Mazda 3 about 8 months ago, went a little cheaper and got a Honda Fit instead...

funny, i had a three the first year it came out, moved up to the cx7 and have one year left. just saw pictures of the upcoming 2010 3 and it is a smokin car. I turned the heater on for the first time last night, it warmed the tank 4deg F in about 2 hours. Very efficient inthat all the water passes right through the heater. Plus is provideds a cleaner look to the tank. Started the cycle last night (i will post the progress for interests sake). PH of approx. 8.2 or so. Ammonia (after dosing) 3-4ppm.

Update-new decoration added

here are some pics of the new deco added.

Attachments

• front view with new deco.jpg
    front view with new deco.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 84
  • with log.jpg
    with log.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 71
  • with log side view.jpg
    with log side view.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom