New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Locky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Aint been on here for ages but thought I would share with u all i got myself a new tank i think its 90Litres (3ft in length, 13inch high and 1ft deep front-back). Was just wondering what fish would do well in it? My wife want goldfish but im not to keen on them, I think they belong out in a large pond!. But if i can get some good ideas on good looking fish I may be able to change her mind.

Edit!: Just done a calculation on and it came out with a 26 gal (us)

hehehe chiming in from the local platey nut....

Platies! Good compromise if your wife wants goldfish.

Are these not aggressive or are they ok for a community tank?

Kisser Gouramis can get very big, 12" max and can get agressive as they grow, ive had bad luck with their agression in the past so i would go for the dwarfs, although the dwarfs are generally peaceful with most fish there can be the odd rogue fish who can be quite agressive, but this is quite rare.

Angels are supposed to be semi-aggressive also but I have never seen any on mine pick on other fish. A lot of time i think it depends if the fish were raised in a tank with others and just the personality of the fish.

but of course the rule of thumb for a fish is that if something will fit in it's mouth it will east it :)

Back
Top Bottom